Articles on this Page
- 01/04/14--17:45: _what does bdsm mean...
- 01/05/14--09:19: _Can I offer an unpo...
- 01/05/14--09:40: _latenightjimmy: St...
- 01/05/14--09:50: _radderthanmyspace: ...
- 01/05/14--09:51: _cub-buns: satanisc...
- 01/05/14--10:13: _You delete things w...
- 01/05/14--11:23: _God almighty this i...
- 01/05/14--11:36: _Anyone who says or ...
- 01/05/14--11:43: _Photo
- 01/05/14--11:44: _Photo
- 01/05/14--11:45: _ buffy the vampire ...
- 01/05/14--11:45: _ Last night, did an...
- 01/05/14--11:46: _ Where do we go fro...
- 01/05/14--11:47: _ Adele Adkins MBE
- 01/05/14--11:49: _jaimescersei: film...
- 01/05/14--11:50: _ Steven Moffat Appr...
- 01/05/14--11:52: _Photo
- 01/05/14--11:53: _darrynek: Well son...
- 01/05/14--12:03: _archeryforeverandev...
- 01/05/14--16:27: _amygloriouspond: (...
- 01/04/14--17:45: what does bdsm mean? please explain.
- 01/05/14--09:19: Can I offer an unpopular opinion along with a story?
- 01/05/14--09:40: latenightjimmy: Steve Buscemi reads your #MakeBuscemiSay tweets
- 01/05/14--09:51: cub-buns: sataniscumming: SHOTS FIRED!!!
- 01/05/14--11:23: God almighty this is the best email I’ve ever received in...
- 01/05/14--11:43: Photo
- 01/05/14--11:44: Photo
- 01/05/14--11:45: buffy the vampire slayer + snow
- 01/05/14--11:45: Last night, did anybody… burst into song? (1/2)
- 01/05/14--11:46: Where do we go from here? (2/2)
- 01/05/14--11:47: Adele Adkins MBE
- 01/05/14--11:49: jaimescersei: film meme:  film you’ll never get tired of...
- 01/05/14--11:50: Steven Moffat Appreciation ↳ Osgood One of the most...
- 01/05/14--11:52: Photo
- 01/05/14--11:53: darrynek: Well son, your dad and I met on grindr
- 01/05/14--12:03: archeryforeverandever: beauty
- 01/05/14--16:27: amygloriouspond: (via James)
best damn spaghetti meatballs
During the New York Film Fest I got to see Richard Curtis speak. It was lovely. The man had wrote so many lovely things and I knew I’d love everything the man said.
At one point someone asked him a question about Love Actually. I don’t remember the exact wording but it was something along the lines of
"What do you think it says that all the strong women characters in your movie all pretty much got the shaft really?"
The person went on to list the examples to him and by watching the reaction on his face you could tell he had never really thought about it before that moment.
"I.. um..well that is a bit shit isn’t it? I don’t think I was trying to say anything ya know against strong women….just that their stories were compelling. It’s an interesting thing to see these women handle these circumstances. I um…I don’t know. I… I suppose it’s good that I don’t think about those things when I’m writing or else who knows I don’t know if I could ever get anything done for fear that I’d never get it right."
And I thought so many thoughts after that. I had this little battle inside me that raged between “Wow must be nice to not worry about any accountability of what you put out in the world” and “Well of course he can’t always think about these things. Do you know how hard it is to write much less try to write to ensure you rep everything well?”
Soooooooo with that in mind here comes my unpopular opinion.
I don’t think Moffat, Gatiss, or Thompson really think ‘about those things’. Of course they have their layers. They turn the books into porn. They write the jokes. They approve the music. They add the layers for many, many things. But ALL THE THINGS? No. Writing is hard enough without trying to please everyone.
And even I , who had some problems with the episode, will not offer writer hate here.
God why don’t you go write something that 10 million people watched in a day and come away having gotten it pitch perfect? It ain’t possible.
I got so fed up with the spoilers that I was ready to unfollow people, but then I was sent the link to Sherlock and watched it last night. Want the link? It’s on YouTube.
Ooh, email me! I just think it’s crappy when people don’t use tags in general. Some people have triggers and some don’t like spoilers and not tagging stuff is rude. IT’S NOT HARD.
It is INCREDIBLY hard. I reblog at least 40% of my stuff from my phone. That means typing on a tiny lil screen every time I need to tag something. No, it’s not hard on the computer. I have xkit and tag bundles and it’s not hard. With a tiny click I can addd 15 tags, but on my phone it is actually a lot of annoying effort that I get lazy about it. If it’s a trigger then I’ll go through the effort (mostly) but anything else…sorry I am a horrible person. I don’t even know why you like meeeeee.
ATTENTION, INTERNET: AGNESANUTTER IS FUCKING INCREDIBLE. SHE IS PERFECT AND FLAWLESS AND CAN DESTROY YOU WITH A RAISED EYEBROW AND A CUTTING COMMENT.
I FOR ONE WELCOME OUR AWESOME OVERLORD, AND OFFER HER TRIBUTE WORTHY OF HER GLORY.
God almighty this is the best email I’ve ever received in my life.
Anyone who says or even implies that Mark Gatiss is a self-hating gay need to back the fuck up and realize they were born into a different time and that their life is made that much easier because of people like him.
But motherfuckers why don’t you fuckin stand around tell Obama he’s not a black enough president too? Because that is just another version of this bullshit.
You are not the gay police. You do not represent this very diverse group of people. Your audience (no matter how many followers you have on tumblr) is not his audience.
And let’s not pretend YOU don’t have privilege too and do absolutely fuck all with it. The fact of the matter is that many people spend all this time bitching and complaining on fuckin social media. Yeah getting information out there is important but at the end of the day there are thousands of organizations that can actually help people.
I am a CHRISTIAN. I will pray for people every fuckin day of the week but when one of them says to me, “I am broke and have no money for medicine, food, etc.” Do you think I am dropping to my knees to utter a prayer and hope they’ll get some fuckin food? No, bitch I am giving them fuckin money to buy the food. WHAT DO YOU DO TO TRULY HELP?
NOW I am going to unfollow a lot of people who bring so much wank to my dash because you’re becoming a part of the problem when you imply such VILE things. You’re NOT HELPING!
AND THAT IS THE LAST WANK I AM WRITING FOR A LONG FUCKIN TIME!
buffy the vampire slayer + snow
Last night, did anybody… burst into song? (1/2)
Where do we go from here? (2/2)
Adele Adkins MBE
film meme:  film you’ll never get tired of watching → chicago (2002)
"would you please tell the audience… err… the jury what happened?"
Steven Moffat Appreciation
One of the most touching tributes to come out of the Doctor Who 50th special was the one to the fans through the character of Osgood. There, in the background of what was the most important negotiation in history, without anyone noticing, Osgood saved the world.
She could have easily sabotaged the Doctor’s plan by telling Kate to check her pockets, but instead of choosing to divide, Osgood chose to be kind. Becoming the bridge, the one who was willing to connect with what everyone had been so afraid of.
She had been neither cruel nor cowardly. And I think that’s why Steven wrote her in wearing the scarf. Because, really, anyone, anywhere, through kindness and courage, can be the Doctor. If that’s not the greatest tribute to the fandom, I don’t know what is.
Well son, your dad and I met on grindr