Articles on this Page
- 03/18/14--15:27: _entertainmentweekly...
- 03/18/14--18:44: _laroux74: agnesanu...
- 03/18/14--18:49: _angelswhiskeypie: ...
- 03/18/14--18:55: _fxfargo: New full ...
- 03/18/14--18:57: _angelswhiskeypie: ...
- 03/18/14--20:16: _ saintemo: Hey lo...
- 03/18/14--20:41: _rneerkat: wearing ...
- 03/18/14--21:09: _reijyo: UM U SHOUL...
- 03/18/14--21:21: _unwillingadventurer...
- 03/18/14--22:33: _"You know who would...
- 03/18/14--22:53: _Do y’all know...
- 03/19/14--04:55: _brandyalexanders: ...
- 03/19/14--05:02: _Maaaan. Ever since ...
- 03/19/14--08:51: _Relationship Advice...
- 03/19/14--10:46: _So this morning aca...
- 03/19/14--11:55: _ girlonfic replied ...
- 03/19/14--12:11: _Photo
- 03/19/14--12:35: _Photo
- 03/19/14--13:32: _isuani: elongatedp...
- 03/19/14--15:22: _Hi! First of all, I...
- 03/18/14--15:27: entertainmentweekly: EEEEE: Look who’s gonna be on Girl Meets...
- 03/18/14--18:55: fxfargo: New full #Fargo trailer—Story (thanks to...
- 03/18/14--20:16: saintemo: Hey look, a first kiss video with queer people,...
- 03/18/14--20:41: rneerkat: wearing an outfit you like can make a day 10x better
- 03/18/14--21:09: reijyo: UM U SHOULD CALL 911 NOT EMAIL ME
- 03/18/14--21:21: unwillingadventurer: Verity Lambert, and Jessica Raine playing...
- 03/19/14--04:55: brandyalexanders: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011)...
- 03/19/14--12:11: Photo
- 03/19/14--12:35: Photo
- 03/19/14--13:32: isuani: elongatedpantaloons: lauraolin: This looks like the...
- 03/19/14--15:22: Hi! First of all, I love your podcast, it's amazing, super fun to listen to. :) Now, I was re-listening to your podcasts on every episode of the new series, and I was wondering if you've read any meta since then which made you change your view of the episodes and, if you did, are you willing to discuss what you think of everything that happened now that you have a different insight of the scenes and characters. I know you have busy lives, but I was curious, that's all. Thanks for reading this!
I mean that’s cool.
I see ya know he’s sitting there… that’s neat
*gives a bored sigh*
I mean hey….like I don’t even know if I remember his name… um Rider Strong is it? Like what character did he even play? Shawn Hunter aka Shawnzie Hunterelli, son of Chet Hunter and unknown stripper?
I dunno like….. it might be neat to see him. Maybe.
yes, it’s not very good
Ima read some porn I think. Maybe I’ll glance up and Sam will be shirtless and save the episode or something.
I have some SPN/TVD porn to finish I might do that, I’ve been putting it off
I turned it off and now it’s back on and I don’t know what is going on so the episode has improved because of my confusion.
Who is this guy in the suit?
HE CALLED DEAN SPORT
QUICK WRITE A GREAT GATSBY AU
dean is gatsby
cas is nick
and they stare at each other creepily through windows while sam drinks martinis and wears amazing suits.
i just really want sam in a brooks brothers suit don’t judge me.
Dean: Ol Sport i’d sure like to suck your dick
Cas: No because you’re gonna die in a pool and you represent the death of the American dream….and confused sexuality…. old sport
CRYING AT PERFECTION.
I would like to think Sam is Daisy Buchanan
Oh God no, no, no hell no. Sam is perfect and everyone in the great gatsby is flawed to their core. Sam can be a new character if he must.
He can be
Samuel D. Cunningham.
He’s better than everyone in Gatsby and he also represents the American Dream.
Also he has a big dick and everyone wishes they were him.
New full #Fargo trailer—Story (thanks to jfransherlocked for the link!)
With Martin’s accent!!
I AM SO HAPPPPPPPPY!!!!!
this is what happens when you let snooki on set.
To be fair… the Paris Hilton episode was pretty decent.
Hey look, a first kiss video with queer people, people of color, and a better body type representation.
Also, they aren’t actors/models! Real people!
wearing an outfit you like can make a day 10x better
UM U SHOULD CALL 911 NOT EMAIL ME
Verity Lambert, and Jessica Raine playing her in An Adventure in Space and Time
“You know who would be pretty? Joseph Gordon-Levitt. And he can sing. But maybe I just want to see him dressed in a slip.” Neil Patrick Harris on who would be a good replacement for him as Hedwig in the Broadway adaption of Hedwig And The Angry Inch. [x] I love NPH for his talent, his humor and for being such an unashamed Joe fanboy. (via jglnews) JGL would actually be amazing as Hedwig.
Neil Patrick Harris on who would be a good replacement for him as Hedwig in the Broadway adaption of Hedwig And The Angry Inch. [x]
I love NPH for his talent, his humor and for being such an unashamed Joe fanboy.
JGL would actually be amazing as Hedwig.
Do y’all know how much Johnlock is written by ESL folks? I’m not toasty so I don’t know exact numbers but I read a lot. I read the author’s notes and seek out their profiles in order to learn more about the writers. These writers are one reason why dick critics piss me off. I’d love to see your fic in Korean and see how well you’d do.
This isn’t to say there aren’t loads of ESL writers who command the English language with skill but it’s just the thing I think of fairly consistently.
Also backgrounds are important. Education is a privilege not afforded to everyone in the West (no matter what lies are spread).
So I give no pass to people who are douches to fic writers. None at all. You’re not helping. You could help. Instead you choose the rudest most insufferably elitist route. And that makes you a bad,bad person.
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011) dir. Guy Ritchie
Slow motion cinematography by Gavin Free
“It’s supposed to give you insight into the experience of being shot at, so time becomes relative rather than absolute. In other words, once I’m shooting at you, adrenaline plays games with you in your mind as to how long an experience takes.”— Guy Ritchie (x).
Maaaan. Ever since I heard Martin’s Fargo accent I’ve regretted that I left speech language pathology behind. I coulda been his dialect coach. I was gifted. I should have stuck with it. Regrets. Dammit.
I’m probably appalled at myself, and my husband and I don’t meet a few of these (traveling without arguing? The man disappears for upwards of a half-hour to the bathroom right before boarding time. I’ve started just giving him his own boarding pass and meeting him on the damned plane). But, um, if you read these through the lens of a certain OTP… they’re amusing. ;)
Points that me and the boy don’t match are
3. A bit. We don’t want kids but he’s an Atheist and I like the Jesus guy a lot.
12. I don’t like crying in front of anyone.
13. No sorry I can find something to bitch about him. I can find something to bitch about everyone.
14. But only because neither of us are big family people but that works.
15. He’s really not a fan of my “bad” friends.
16. He will let me vent. He does. But sometimes he tries to say silly things like “calm down” and I think “have you met me?”
18. We don’t fight all the time but traveling can be crap. Sometimes fights happen.
Well fuck. Thanks acafanmom! *calls up boyfriend and tells him we’re through.*
So this morning acafanmom tried to break up me and my boyfriend. I sent him an email listing out how we weren’t compatible according to the Cosmo link. He responded…..
1. He always brags about you. Yes. Always talk about you at work and how you got promoted from Dallas to NYC and kick ass etc.
2. He makes sacrifices for you — and you’re happy to do the same for him. New York. Nuff said.
3. He shares the same values as you. I share the same values! I might not believe in Jesus as a god, but I believe in his message.
4. Even after years together he still does little chivalrous things for you. Totally.
5. He doesn’t try to change you. That’s stupid. People should try to be changed. A better way to say it is that I try to make you better and vice versa.
6. When you think about marrying him, the best part isn’t the wedding, it’s the idea of spending your lives together. You know my feelings against weddings in general.
7. You survived a long-distance relationship. Yep.
8. ”I miss you” isn’t just a sweet thing you say. Yep.
9. You don’t like having a roommate and love having your own space, but you’d still prefer to live with him. I think that goes without saying. We’re both totally loners and still survive.
10. He’s your go-to person whenever you have a story to share, about work, about friends, about anything. You even tell me Sherlock stuff! (Also, that Fargo trailer was meh)
11. You feel comfortable planning things six months — or a year — in the future. Totally.
12. You can cry in front of him without feeling embarrassed. That’s your hangup.
13. When your friends complain about their significant others or the guys they’ve gone out with, you get kind of quiet because you don’t have much to contribute. *response redacted*
14. He’s close with your family, and he’s made sure you’ve gotten to know his. You covered this.
15. He cares about your friends. I care! Always ask about Justin, and Patience and Allison.
16. He lets you vent. Yep.
17. He tells you, out of the blue, that you look hot. I do. Always tell you you look pretty. You never do the same I might add.
18. You can do things like travel together without fighting all the time. We fight, but we have fun, and that’s what matters.
Sorry Cosmo…think I’ll stick with ‘em a ‘lil while longer.
So, doesn’t this really mean that my master plan has worked, and I’ve actually drawn you closer together? WHICH WAS MY INTENTION ALL ALONG?
This looks like the start of an amazing music video
Put an explosion in the background and it’s an amazing action movie
Thanks for writing it! Well, I imagine that every one of us would have another answer to that question, but I’ve been finding the meta discussions based around the character of Mary Morstan very interesting personally.
Mary Morstan is all sweetness and light on the classic Victorian model in the original stories, so I was really interested in how they were going to try to make her a shredding metal guitarist, you know? The way they kinda succeeded/failed to do with Irene Adler. (The fact that the original 19th century story is a more feminist text in several ways than both the BBC and Warner Brothers versions kinda irks, right? Can we pull it together, people?)
I’ve been following notmydate's meta discussions about Mary with considerable interest (here and here), and I think this person makes some stellar points. I agree with them on multiple counts, and when I say that of course I mean that I do personally (lyndsayfaye here) and not everyone on the podcast would agree with me. We welcome healthful, courteous, ass-kicking debate.
I like when notmydate brings up the fact that it’s fine to dislike that Mary is an assassin, but what’s good for the goose is good for the gander, and Sherlock and John are both very willing to pop a cold cap in your ass for justice or in defense of each other. (This is completely canonical, by the way—I’m 90% sure that Holmes was thinking of more specific things than just London when he killed Professor Moriarty, and Watson very likely killed Tonga the Islander.) Mary being in these men’s league as a capable (read: deadly) person is quite the hardcore twist, and I enjoy it on many levels. Particularly when I imagine John and Mary in SWAT gear coming to Sherlock’s rescue in Baron Gruner’s underground torture lair in season four. (I mean, how epic would that be?)
Granted, I mentioned in my review of His Last Vow for CriminalElement.com that I think our moral compass here is going magnetically haywire a bit. John used to be the conscience, and now he’s sort of vacillating between adoring a man who insists he’s a sociopath (they really need to stop saying that) and loving a ruthless ex-CIA operative. But since they do what they do for loyalty and love, it’s always completely OK, right? Well, try again, chums. Sherlock especially has these moments of tool-i-tude. I’m pretty sure Sherlock torturing the cabbie in the very first episode was sub-par behavior, drugging a PTSD-suffering war veteran at Baskerville with a hallucinogen blew my mind, die for your friends all you like but do you have to be such a dillweed about it, etc.
But this is the guy we’re meant to admire as the hero of the series, fuck, his name is on the show, so notmydate's point that Mary should be held to the same standard is pretty damn convincing to me.
Then folks were arguing that they didn’t object to Mary killing Magnussen, it was Mary killing SHERLOCK they took issue with, and that was all good and jiggy baby and made sense, but again, I come down in notmydate's camp that this is an issue of unconvincing writing rather than a nasty character, and here's why…this is the way I picture the first His Last Vow production meeting:
MOFFAT: We have to do something so completely Swedish metal that everyone is just as impressed with Episode Six as Episode Three.
GATISS: Word, bro. Much metal, very hair band. But what? We already killed him. How do we top that shit? That shit was gold. That shit was pure gold metal.
MOFFAT: What about we kill him again, but no, get this, bro, we really kill him this time, and it’ll be so metal we’ll tour Scandinavia forever.
GATISS: You are a fucking genius.
MOFFAT: We really kill him, we kill him to DEATH, right, but he deduces his way out of being dead, but it’s all in his mind palace, see, and he logics back to life again like a fucking phoenix.
GATISS: OMFG getthefuckout I love it. That is so metal, it goes to an eleven. Can we get Andrew Scott back because he was so metal in The Reichenbach Fall?
MOFFAT: Sure. But he can’t kill Sherlock, he already killed Sherlock. The LEAST likely person to kill Sherlock has to do it.
MOFFAT AND GATISS: Mary!!!!!!! (bro slap hi fives)
GATISS: We are really metal.
MOFFAT: Why does she kill him, though?
GATISS: Because she’s trying to SAVE HIM. By killing him.
MOFFAT: I love it. It shreds. It needs a little something.
GATISS: Mary kills Sherlock to save Sherlock AND John!
MOFFAT: I love you, man. I’mma go write that shit right now. Stay metal.