Articles on this Page
- 06/14/14--09:44: _<blink><bl...
- 06/14/14--10:06: _unofficialbagels: ...
- 06/15/14--13:13: _validx2: Squat gam...
- 06/15/14--13:18: _stunningpicture: T...
- 06/15/14--13:21: _Photo
- 06/15/14--13:22: _sourcedumal: the-g...
- 06/15/14--13:22: _frank-e-fighting-wo...
- 06/15/14--13:24: _On the Internet, No...
- 06/15/14--13:27: _ubermichael: Lumi...
- 06/15/14--13:32: _stereoculturesociet...
- 06/15/14--13:34: _ygrittte: (x)
- 06/15/14--13:47: _bobbycaputo: This ...
- 06/15/14--14:35: _philnoto: "Buffy" ...
- 06/15/14--15:53: _cumberfoil: Two mo...
- 06/15/14--16:12: _ 100+ years, and th...
- 06/15/14--16:55: _damnthatswhack: Yo...
- 06/15/14--19:12: _great-film-gifs: B...
- 06/15/14--19:15: _ I would now like ...
- 06/15/14--19:17: _fasterpussycatgifgi...
- 06/15/14--19:19: _Photo
- 06/14/14--10:06: unofficialbagels: Dr Horrible’s Sing Along Blog, the String...
- 06/15/14--13:13: validx2: Squat game presidential
- 06/15/14--13:18: stunningpicture: The president and First Lady were on the Rez...
- 06/15/14--13:21: Photo
- 06/15/14--13:22: sourcedumal: the-goddamazon: birthofasupervillain: thefreshpri...
- 06/15/14--13:22: frank-e-fighting-words: therothwoman: queerhairyvag: iwasninet...
- 06/15/14--13:24: On the Internet, No One Knows I'm a Herd of Antelopes
- 06/15/14--13:27: ubermichael: Lumière Brothers - The Serpentine Dance...
- 06/15/14--13:32: stereoculturesociety: DailyPBO: The President & The...
- 06/15/14--13:34: ygrittte: (x)
- 06/15/14--13:47: bobbycaputo: This Teacher Asked Her Students to Write to an...
- 06/15/14--14:35: philnoto: "Buffy" - Let me just say that I love working in the...
- 06/15/14--15:53: cumberfoil: Two more pics from Baker Street Vienna. In the...
- 06/15/14--16:12: 100+ years, and there’s only one thing I’ve ever been sure of:...
- 06/15/14--16:55: damnthatswhack: You what your dog?
- 06/15/14--19:12: great-film-gifs: Bronson (2008, Nicolas Winding Refn) I am...
- 06/15/14--19:15: I would now like to reenact what I call, “When Murder Goes...
- 06/15/14--19:17: fasterpussycatgifgif: Bronson (2008). Dir. Nicolas Winding...
- 06/15/14--19:19: Photo
I just saw art of RDJ!Sherlock and BC!Sherlock doing the frick frack.
And now I need a fic…..
Dr Horrible’s Sing Along Blog, the String Quartet version
( the full version may be had at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of9kHpCv1ts )
Squat game presidential
The president and First Lady were on the Rez today.
THE CONVERSATION IS OVER. WE HAVE A DECISION.
President said so bitches.
my wish for not only my parent’s, but for all homosexual people.
oh hey look, an LGBTQ campaign that doesn’t show white people as the face of LGBTQ issues for once.
Spread this everywhere.
never seen a flyer with queer black folks on it that wasn’t about std/i
One of the things I’ve always loved best about fandom is that it’s not about qualifications.
You don’t have to be a MFA-certified published author to write and be read. You don’t have to be a trained and employed artist to make beloved art. You don’t have to be a professional to have an…
Lumière Brothers - The Serpentine Dance (c.1899)
Brilliant. The Lumiere Brothers filmed this in black and white, and then hand coloured (probably with little paint brushes) each frame of the film. You can see the full movie here.
DailyPBO:The President & The Standing Rock Sioux Reservation - June 2014
The crowd to President Obama: “We love you President Obama! You’re our hero!”President Obama: “I love you back!”Obama became only the fourth sitting president to visit an Indian reservation. Attending with the First Lady, it was a truly inspiring event at the Cannon Ball Pow Wow Grounds in Cannon Ball, North Dakota. The Native American community was bursting with pride over the president’s visit and when he spoke Lakota during his speech, they were completely moved. It was a wonderful day for a community that never (and I mean NEVER) gets the respect they deserve. Bravo, Mr. President.For more reactions, check the Twitter hashtag: #PrezRezVisit
In 2006 Ms. Lockwood, an English teacher at Xavier High School, asked her students to write a letter to a famous author. She wanted them discuss the author’s work and ask for advice. Kurt Vonnegut (1922 – 2007) was the only one to write back and his advice is worth reading.
Dear Xavier High School, and Ms. Lockwood, and Messrs Perin, McFeely, Batten, Maurer and Congiusta:
I thank you for your friendly letters. You sure know how to cheer up a really old geezer (84) in his sunset years. I don’t make public appearances any more because I now resemble nothing so much as an iguana.
What I had to say to you, moreover, would not take long, to wit: Practice any art, music, singing, dancing, acting, drawing, painting, sculpting, poetry, fiction, essays, reportage, no matter how well or badly, not to get money and fame, but to experience becoming, to find out what’s inside you, to make your soul grow.
Seriously! I mean starting right now, do art and do it for the rest of your lives. Draw a funny or nice picture of Ms. Lockwood, and give it to her. Dance home after school, and sing in the shower and on and on. Make a face in your mashed potatoes. Pretend you’re Count Dracula.
Here’s an assignment for tonight, and I hope Ms. Lockwood will flunk you if you don’t do it: Write a six line poem, about anything, but rhymed. No fair tennis without a net. Make it as good as you possibly can. But don’t tell anybody what you’re doing. Don’t show it or recite it to anybody, not even your girlfriend or parents or whatever, or Ms. Lockwood. OK?
Tear it up into teeny-weeny pieces, and discard them into widely separated trash recepticals. You will find that you have already been gloriously rewarded for your poem. You have experienced becoming, learned a lot more about what’s inside you, and you have made your soul grow.
God bless you all!
"Buffy" - Let me just say that I love working in the Whedonverse :)
Two more pics from Baker Street Vienna. In the first one Arwel explained that he got sent the link to a blog that explained the significance of the pictures behind Sherlock & John. He wishes he’d have thought of that, but he just chose them because he liked them.
And in the second pic you can see that there’s actually women on the wall of the staircase of Irene Adler’s house. Did you notice them, because I certainly didn’t!
100+ years, and there’s only one thing I’ve ever been sure of: you.
You what your dog?
Bronson (2008, Nicolas Winding Refn)
I am Charlie Bronson and I’m Britain’s most dangerous criminal
I would now like to reenact what I call, “When Murder Goes Wrong”.
Bronson (2008). Dir. Nicolas Winding Refn.