Articles on this Page
- 06/19/14--16:01: _ Making Of: Product...
- 06/19/14--16:12: _erdsthenerds: liqu...
- 06/19/14--17:18: _pbsthisdayinhistory...
- 06/19/14--21:21: _mauridianhallow: n...
- 06/20/14--11:55: _ Maleficent. Made o...
- 06/20/14--11:59: _Do you have any sug...
- 06/20/14--12:26: _10 books that shape...
- 06/20/14--12:30: _nevver: Reality bi...
- 06/20/14--12:32: _Photo
- 06/20/14--13:10: _Photo
- 06/20/14--14:45: _evenlode: Life Tru...
- 06/20/14--14:48: _j4ck-fitch: I thin...
- 06/20/14--15:20: _ Jeremy Brett as Co...
- 06/20/14--15:21: _trr-rr: tiredboycl...
- 06/20/14--16:50: _sherlockspeare: Sh...
- 06/20/14--18:05: _strangewood: Hedwi...
- 06/20/14--21:47: _mymodernmet: These...
- 06/20/14--21:49: _anotherfirebender: ...
- 06/20/14--22:42: _chicagobowls: Dea...
- 06/21/14--07:10: _playbill: "We Are ...
- 06/19/14--16:01: Making Of: Production I think this is the most perfect thing...
- 06/19/14--16:12: erdsthenerds: liquorinthefront: Allstate has launched a...
- 06/19/14--17:18: pbsthisdayinhistory: June 18, 1983: Sally Ride Becomes the...
- 06/19/14--21:21: mauridianhallow: nicodorkangelo: VIVA LA PLUTO...
- 06/20/14--11:55: Maleficent. Made of black dyed rose. Horns made of rose sepals....
- Quiet Room: If you have a room at home that you can be in for long periods of time without anyone or anything distracting you, make it a comfy place to write and take out anything that will distract you.
- Van: If you don’t have a place at home, but you have a van, take out the back seats (and maybe leave one as your writing chair), turn it into a place for writing, and drive to a nice quiet place. Make it scenic if you can.
- Sunlight: Make sure you have natural sunlight in your writing space. Sunlight is good. Warmth is also good.
- Public Places: Libraries, parks, bakeries, coffee shops, cafes, and similar places can offer a nice place to write. In the library, you have all those books to help you with research if you need it.
- Food & Drink: If you don’t want to leave your writing space for any reason other than to go to the bathroom, bring food and drink with you. Treat yourself to some takeout if you want.
- Music: Listening to music while doing something else such as writing or drawing is a good idea because music stimulates one part of the brain even when you’re not paying too much attention to it. This cuts out other distractions while also inspiring you. If you don’t have a writing playlist already, make one.
- Inspiration: If you have any drawings, paintings, objects, pictures, or any other sources of inspiration that you can bring with you, put them in your writing space.
- Comfort: Make sure you’re comfortable. Wear comfortable clothes, get a comfortable chair, don’t get too hot, and don’t get too cold.
- White Noise: If you don’t want to listen to music, listen to some white noise. I’m sure you can find dozens online. If you want to write near a beach, but you’re not near a beach, use some ocean sounds and decorate your writing room with coastal and beach decor.
- Goals: Set some word count goals. I would suggest having a few small goals throughout the day rather than one huge goal. For example, set a word count goal of reaching three thousand before noon and a goal of writing another three thousand in the next four or five hours.
- Free write: Try some free writing or just try hand writing some stuff. Keep some nice pens, pencils, and notebooks with you.
- Books: Bring some books with you. Read them on your breaks. Learn from them.
- Phone: Turn off your phone. Check it every now and then in case there is an emergency. If you don’t want to turn it off, at least put it on the other side of the room.
- Space: This is helpful for people who are world building or drawing visuals. Make sure you have a lot of space to work. Set up a table so that you’re not fumbling with all your papers in a small space.
- Organize: If you’re one of those people who like to plan every detail, use this time to do that. Organize your plot, write down everything about your characters, make charts, do whatever organizes your story.
- 06/20/14--12:26: 10 books that shaped me tag.. meme..survey blah
- 06/20/14--12:30: nevver: Reality bites
- 06/20/14--12:32: Photo
- 06/20/14--13:10: Photo
- 06/20/14--14:45: evenlode: Life Truth. (My Gods, they looks so young!)
- 06/20/14--14:48: j4ck-fitch: I think there’s been a misunderstanding…
- 06/20/14--15:20: Jeremy Brett as Count Danilo David Hughes in The Merry...
- 06/20/14--15:21: trr-rr: tiredboyclub: the nodding then the wink Tiny dog...
- 06/20/14--16:50: sherlockspeare: Sherlock is back. The problem is that he didn’t...
- 06/20/14--18:05: strangewood: Hedwig and the Angry Inch // dir. John Cameron...
- 06/20/14--21:47: mymodernmet: These before-and-after shots demonstrate the...
- 06/20/14--21:49: anotherfirebender: mymessylittleblog: mikster12: a-hobbit-time...
- 06/20/14--22:42: chicagobowls: Deafblind Brazilian “watches” World Cup with the...
- 06/21/14--07:10: playbill: "We Are What We Are": Nine Need-to-Know LGBT...
Making Of: Production
I think this is the most perfect thing ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever……..EVER.
Allstate has launched a beautiful campaign aimed at members of the LGBTQ community. Thanks, Allstate!
like a good neighbor indeed… no wait that’s state farm… fuck.. well these people are clearly in good hands!
June 18, 1983: Sally Ride Becomes the First American Woman in Space
On this day in 1983, Sally Ride became the first American woman in space. She was a mission specialist aboard the Challenger. She rode the space shuttle Challenger into orbit in 1983, but she was also a NASA adviser, a lifelong educator, and a founder of Sally Ride Science, a venture dedicated to inspiring and teaching young people, especially girls, about science and space.
Watch an NOVA’s uncut interview with the late astronaut, conducted at NASA in 1984.
Did we just Coulson a motherfucking planet?!?
Maleficent. Made of black dyed rose. Horns made of rose sepals. The wand is a rose stem.
The first thing you should do is look at your schedule. I would suggest picking out at least three consecutive days that are completely open. Keep these days open.
Now you need a place to write. Here are some ideas:
You shouldn’t be completely void of distractions or other things. Here are some things you might want with you:
Here are some activities to do or to avoid:
If you have a friend or a family member with a vacation home, ask if you can use it for a few days. Then go back to everything I said above and relocate to this place. You can also go to hotels and campsites for a day or two.
However, if this vacation home or apartment or hotel room or whatever is in a nice place, take a break every now and then and enjoy it. You still need breaks.
1. Hitchhiker’s Guide definitely
2. Animal Farm for sure
Pretty much the first time I picked up 3. Macbeth will have forever affected my whole life. It made me read the rest of Shakespeare sooo
4. Bridget Jones’ Diary yeah…..for sure.
5. Amanda’s Wedding…I think that’s what it’s called…one of those like chick books. My ex gave it to me.
6. Story most definitely
7. The TV Writer’s Workbook
8. The Bible has to be mentioned because ya know I grew up with it and learning it and doing quizzes with it and blah.
There should be more.
I’ve read fuck loads.
But shaped me eh?
I want to say 9. Harry Potter because it was the first series books that I read that I had to wait for the next book and it was exciting and the story progressively got better but….does the story itself shape me? Meh. I do enjoy and as I’m flailing for titles…let’s just say Harry Potter.
side story: In the America’s Sweethearts trailer they make a joke that Catherine Zeta Jones’ character didn’t read and she says“That’s not true. I read all the Harry Potter books.” I remember being a tiny bit miffed at that trailer. Like Harry Potter didn’t count as reading. Anyhoo they took that part out of the final version of the movie. I wonder if that moment didn’t test well or if someone who owned something saw the trailer and called up and had it taken out. Tis a mystery
Right one more….
Oh ya know what? Fuck the police. I’m gonna include a fanfic in here
Because it actually did shape me. It was the FIRST fanfic I read and it wasn’t shit. I was so used to fanfic being shit but this wasn’t and I was so excited for more and God…down the rabbit hole eh? So yeah there is my 10.
(My Gods, they looks so young!)
I think there’s been a misunderstanding…
Jeremy Brett as Count Danilo David Hughes in The Merry Widow (1968)
Sherlock is back. The problem is that he didn’t come back alone.
Hedwig and the Angry Inch // dir. John Cameron Mitchell
These before-and-after shots demonstrate the incredible power of visual effects on screen.
they need to get married
i ship it
this is adorable
they’re right next to each other in a yearbook pretty sure they might be related
Wtf is that photo even supposed to mean though
Not everybody is American wtf does this mean
the best part of wakin up…
THESE are real friends. Absolutely amazing.
OMG I know and love all these characters…