Articles on this Page
- 08/30/14--07:53: _playbill: FALL BR...
- 08/30/14--08:00: _memo-you: 楽しかった！
- 08/30/14--08:06: _krokodile: Sutton...
- 08/30/14--08:17: _benedictcumberbatch...
- 08/30/14--09:33: _japhers: folwer: ...
- 08/30/14--11:38: _asterionboy: omgts...
- 08/30/14--12:51: _catiebat: scissor-...
- 08/30/14--13:44: _ All tangled up
- 08/30/14--15:49: _dutchster: "he’s m...
- 08/30/14--17:55: _ohhelloholly: thes...
- 08/30/14--17:57: _Photo
- 08/30/14--17:59: _ladeh-amanda: But...
- 08/30/14--19:03: _That was a very goo...
- 08/30/14--19:31: _The Doctor: *turns ...
- 08/31/14--12:00: _Photo
- 08/31/14--12:03: _mild-lunacy: acafa...
- 08/31/14--12:13: _talkstoself replied...
- 08/31/14--12:36: _valeria2067: commo...
- 08/31/14--13:18: _myfoundpolyamory: ...
- 08/31/14--13:18: _"Stop planting flow...
- 08/30/14--07:53: playbill: FALL BROADWAY 2014 PREVIEW: Starry Revivals are The...
- 08/30/14--08:00: memo-you: 楽しかった！
- 08/30/14--08:06: krokodile: Sutton Foster giving a Masterclass about the song...
- 08/30/14--08:17: benedictcumberbatchruinedme: A doodle I doodled dude. Based on...
- 08/30/14--09:33: japhers: folwer: but its important IM SORRY BUT IM DYING THEY...
- 08/30/14--11:38: asterionboy: omgtsn: who killed the fucking moon general...
- 08/30/14--12:51: catiebat: scissor-happy: Good morning 💕 people have been...
- 08/30/14--13:44: All tangled up
- 08/30/14--15:49: dutchster: "he’s making that face again isn’t he"
- 08/30/14--17:55: ohhelloholly: thesylverlining: winterwombat: the-enchanted-mer...
- 08/30/14--17:57: Photo
- 08/30/14--17:59: ladeh-amanda: But that was what I came here for.
- 08/30/14--19:03: That was a very good episode of Doctor Who.
- 08/30/14--19:31: The Doctor: *turns up 3 weeks late with Starbucks
- 08/31/14--12:00: Photo
- 08/31/14--12:03: mild-lunacy: acafanmom: nesbola: Don’t be like all the...
Wow. We only have plans to see one show out of all these shows….
Sutton Foster giving a Masterclass about the song “I’m in Love with a Wonderful Guy” from the Musical “South Pacific”
cutest human being alive? quite possibly.
A doodle I doodled dude. Based on me and thegingerbatch going to our happy place the other day.
Good morning 💕 people have been asking to see all the different tones - there’s a dark turquoise, light turquoise, wild orchid, magenta, and purple. 😊 #stylinalyssa #pravana #pravanavivids #manicpanic #colorist #btcpics
OH. MY. GOD.
All tangled up
"he’s making that face again isn’t he"
Meet the World’s Smallest Rabbit.
Columbia Basin Pygmy Rabbits are the world’s smallest and among the rarest.
Miniature bunnies with iridescent ears. Happiness, embodied as a tiny ball of fluff and cute.
TINY BUN WITH COLORFUL EARS ;____;
!!! :) !!!
But that was what I came here for.
That was a very good episode of Doctor Who.
The Doctor: *turns up 3 weeks late with Starbucks
Don’t be like all the rest.
As I wrote in my LONG meta, this was the moment that really sold me on Mary, because to my mind there’s no one to lie to here.She doesn’t know it’s Billy - she’s walking away without another look in that last gif - so there’s one to perform to; she gives him money when no one else is looking, for no one’s benefit but his, and that seems to me to echo what’s in her heart. When she tells John that people like Magnussen should be killed, when Sherlock deduces that she’s “Disillusioned,” and here - my feeling is that they all add up to a woman who may have, in the past, done the wrong things for the right reasons.
Okay, so I rewatched this scene, and I have to say it strikes me as important that Mary only stops after Billy says ‘oh, come on’. She was going to walk right past him; her ‘no’ was immediate and firm, dismissive. I mean, her face in the third gif doesn’t really suggest loving kindness to all mankind, so if it echoes what’s in her heart, what’s in her heart is a kind of hardness barely ameliorated by some concern for the social contract. Not niceties, exactly, and it certainly doesn’t seem like Billy made Mary feel guilty. I don’t see any evidence that Billy’s taunt made Mary reassess his status as a human being: she throws the change and is about to walk off without a word. Billy has to grab her by the hand to stop her. Sure, she gave him money ‘for no one’s benefit but his’, but this is true even if there were people watching. Who would really give change to homeless people as a performance?
However, it’s true that Mary doesn’t need to lie right now. So what is it that being ‘like all the rest’ that makes her pause?
talkstoself replied to your post“I was tagged by cumbersomebuttocks (a week ago sorry it only showed on…”
*goes and sits in a corner to sulk* :p
But I wuv you *hugs you tight*
Joan Rivers is to comedy what Margaret Thatcher was to politics. Yes, they may have been “pioneers” for women in their respective crafts, but when you take into account the countless people they threw under the bus and worse along the way, it’s impossible to respect them for it.This is how I feel about it, too. She made strides and faced obstacles and took her success on her own terms. She reinforced dangerous, deadly, body-shaming and defended the state-run murder of civilians. Am I going to wish death on her? No. Am I going to be sad when she passes on at the age of 81? No.
I dunno. For me it’s one of those things where I have to look at the overall contribution as well as the environment a person was forged in. A gangbanger grows up in a certain society. He sells drugs, treats women poorly, and at the age of 17 commits his first murder. Based on his environment and the choices he faced he ended up a criminal and someone I’d typically easily say isn’t the best of people. He also knows he has made bad choices in his life so when he fathers a kid he makes sure that his child is well cared for. Makes sure his son goes to school. Pays his baby momma more than enough child support. Makes sure his kid picks up a musical instrument as well as plays sport. His kid graduates and goes to college and becomes a doctor. The gangbanger put bad things out int he world but he also put out good. As a woman trying to make it in the entertainment industry I know Joan did more good than bad in a lot of areas. As a chubby woman who could easily give in to societal pressure, she didn’t do a lot of good. But it wasn’t easy for her. Human beings can’t be summed up so easily and I do have respect for someone who survived when I know so, so many couldn’t. We sacrifice part of ourselves sometimes. I’m sure she did. So I will mourn her death whenever it happens (and I hope not soon). I do respect her. I know it’s never quite simple.
“That’s when I finally got it. I finally understood. It wasn’t the thought that counted. It was the actual execution that mattered, the showing up for somebody. The intent behind it wasn’t enough. Not for me. Not anymore. It wasn’t enough to know that deep down, he loved me. You had to actually say it to somebody, show them you cared. And he just didn’t. Not enough.”
― Jenny Han, It’s Not Summer Without You
“Stop planting flowers in peoples yards who aren’t going to water them.”
- (via auberginesheets)