Articles on this Page
- 12/10/14--10:32: _l20music: justice4...
- 12/10/14--13:02: _alfieenochdaily: A...
- 12/10/14--13:38: _Photo
- 12/10/14--15:18: _atomic-glitter: fa...
- 12/10/14--15:29: _orcabelly: I’m goi...
- 12/10/14--16:03: _Photo
- 12/10/14--16:04: _ x I could watch ...
- 12/10/14--16:14: _"You have to finish...
- 12/10/14--17:32: _Recommended Reading
- 12/10/14--17:45: _amyw1nehouse: amer...
- 12/10/14--18:10: _He’s so beaut...
- 12/10/14--18:19: _Fargo season 2
- 12/10/14--18:55: _entertainmentweekly...
- 12/10/14--19:05: _telltheplanets: Ne...
- 12/10/14--21:30: _fyeahfreebatch rebl...
- 12/10/14--21:37: _peachsss: awkwardg...
- 12/11/14--02:19: _Photo
- 12/11/14--06:01: _hayei: fat-and-psy...
- 12/11/14--08:01: _theoklahomos: comm...
- 12/11/14--10:47: _mid0nz: mid0nz: F...
- 12/10/14--10:32: l20music: justice4mikebrown: December 10 Important.
- 12/10/14--13:02: alfieenochdaily: Alfie and Aja announce the nominees for...
- 12/10/14--13:38: Photo
- 12/10/14--15:18: atomic-glitter: faisdm: the-most-calamitous: jibini: top-lota...
- 12/10/14--16:03: Photo
- 12/10/14--16:04: x I could watch just this bit on a loop. (and I pretty much...
- 12/10/14--17:32: Recommended Reading
- 12/10/14--17:45: amyw1nehouse: american historical films be like
- 12/10/14--18:19: Fargo season 2
- 12/10/14--18:55: entertainmentweekly: A most rebloggable pin on @borp7’s sweater...
- 12/10/14--19:05: telltheplanets: Never forget this speech.
- 12/10/14--21:37: peachsss: awkwardgaysurvivor: This is wonderful and I’m going...
- 12/11/14--02:19: Photo
- 12/11/14--06:01: hayei: fat-and-psychopathic-wives: magicalspacetaxi: unexplain...
- 12/11/14--08:01: theoklahomos: commudad: hahah do u need a tissue How the...
- 12/11/14--10:47: mid0nz: mid0nz: FIRST PRIZE - "Mr Blue Skull" by Hang’em...
- Canvas Print/ Small (13” X 18”)
- Sold by Hang’em All (John Pinkerton) who actually made Sherlock’s original!
- The work has to be your own.
- If you win, you have to share your address with me so I can send you the canvas print. Obviously.
- I’m the only judge, but I don’t bite. Send me an ask if you have questions.
- To enter, simply reblog this post with a link to your fan work. I’ll see it.
what. why? someone pls explain to me pls i wasnt born yet in 1999 why turn computer off before midnight? what happen if u dont?
y2k lol everyone was like “the supervirus is gonna take over the world and ruin everything and end the world!!!”
This is the oldest I’ve ever felt. Right now.
WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN YOU WEREN’T BORN YET IN 1999.
Ahh the Millenium bug.
It wasn’t a virus, it was an issue with how some old computers at the time were programmed to deal with dates. Basically some computers with older operating systems didn’t have anything in place to deal with the year reaching 99 and looping around to 00. It was believed that this inability to sync with the correct date would cause issues, and even crash entire systems the moment the date changed.
People flipped out about it, convinced that the date discrepancy between netwoked systems would bring down computers everywhere and shut down the internet and so all systems relying on computers, including plane navigation etc. would go down causing worldwide chaos. It was genuinely believed that people should all switch off computers to avoid this. One or two smart people spoke up and said “um hey, this actually will only effect a few very outdated computers and they’ll just display the wrong date, so it probably won’t be harmful” but were largely ignored because people selling books about the end of the world were talking louder.
In the end, absolutely nothing happened.
For a walk down memory lane…
Something DID happen. The video rental store that I owed $189.12 in late fees had their computers wiped out because of it and I GOT OUT OF PAYING THEM! GOD BLESS Y2k!
I’m going to disrespect every book on my shelf and make it a johnlock AU.
It’s the only reason I read things other than Johnlock. I mean that Hitler bio was really hard to make Johnlock but I pulled it out in the end.
I could watch just this bit on a loop. (and I pretty much have)
“You have to finish things — that’s what you learn from, you learn by finishing things.” Oh. This is a lovely. I just heard a really good quote “Done is better than good” and how you actually end up with good by getting to done and it’s a circle of good and I am excited to try this.
- Neil Gaiman (via devilduck)
Oh. This is a lovely. I just heard a really good quote “Done is better than good” and how you actually end up with good by getting to done and it’s a circle of good and I am excited to try this.
Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman meet. Their chemistry isn’t an accident. It’s the beginning of something.
agnesanutter wrote that engagement reaction fic you’ve been waiting for, and she did it really well. Go read it.
Oh yay! A rec from one of my most favorite tumblrs!
(Yes, I own glasses that have “FreeBatch” printed on them.)
american historical films be like
He’s so beautiful.
He’s so, so beautiful.
It’s such a lovely time to be in the Martin Freeman fandom.
Can this go on forever and ever?
Kirsten Dunst is going from the big to the small screen.
The 32-year-old actress has just booked a starring role on FX’s Fargo, the network announced Wednesday. She’ll be joined by Friday Night Lights and Breaking Bad alum Jesse Plemons in the lead roles for the 10-episode second installment, which starts filming next month up north in chilly Calgary.
News: ‘Fargo' Renewed for Season 2—Find Out if Your Favorite Actors Will Return!
The pair will play a married couple who aren’t exactly on the same page. Dunst takes on the role of Peggy Blomquist, a small-town beautician with big-city dreams who is trying to figure out who she is and what she wants as she struggles with others’ expectations. Plemons portrays Ed, a butcher’s assistant who wants to be supportive of his wife’s self-discovery even if he doesn’t quite understand it.
OMG She is going to nail that accent!
A most rebloggable pin on @borp7’s sweater at the Tumblr year in review party. #tumblr2014.
Never forget this speech.
fyeahfreebatch reblogged your post and added:
1) you’re awesome
2) ?! I need those in my life immediately. How do I get some? Please tell me your secrets.
ZenniOptical Customized Frames. 15 bucks to let the world know how much you love the freebatch.
This is wonderful and I’m going to share this with my oncologist.
My mom would have loved this while she was in chemo. Signal boost!
The 3200 year old tree so massive that it had never been captured in a single image until recently.
This giant sequoia stands 247 feet tall and measures 45,000 cubic feet in volume. The trunk alone measures 27 feet and the branches hold 2 billion needles (more than any tree on the planet).
This picture took a team of photographers from Nat Geo, 32 days and stitching together 126 different photos to make.
i love redwoods because they are at the very limit of what the dynamics of capillary action allows to exist i’m glad an evolutionary niche exists for “THE BIGGEST FUCKIN TREE THAT CAN BE”
There’s someone in the tree omg
Why are the people such different sizes?
hahah do u need a tissue
How the fuck does it affect that person? How the fuck is people taking joy is something and making friends and writing so disheartening to you?
Do you crash birthday parties and go ’Ahh God all these people are celebrating this person’s birth? I mean. I’m not and my friends aren’t but the fact that all these people enjoy this thing just makes me sad’ ?
I really hope that this person grows out of this. Because at the end of the day to be saddened by other people’s joy is a shitty way to live life.
FIRST PRIZE - "Mr Blue Skull" by Hang’em All
Give me your best Sherlock Special fan work! It can be in any medium: fic, meta, vid, gifs, drawing, painting, crafts, podcast— you name it! The only requirement is that it has to be about your vision of what the Sherlock Special might be. Since all we have to go on right now is that single photo and part of a script use those details as your guide.
DEADLINE: Sunday, December 14 at 11:59 PM EST
Tick tock My Lovlies!
Should I give it a go?