Articles on this Page
- 01/27/15--19:14: _I love how we do al...
- 01/27/15--19:21: _Okay but click this...
- 01/27/15--19:26: _notadrag-notaqueen:...
- 01/27/15--19:29: _idaredisturbtheuniv...
- 01/27/15--20:04: _"Don’t ever put you...
- 01/27/15--20:07: _Everyone should kno...
- 01/27/15--20:18: _retrogasm: Mister ...
- 01/27/15--20:27: _"Eventually soulmat...
- 01/27/15--21:01: _vintagegal: Rita H...
- 01/27/15--21:02: _spaceexp: What it ...
- 01/28/15--04:27: _Photo
- 01/28/15--06:01: _ favourites of 2014...
- 01/28/15--06:09: _marshmallowviscera:...
- 01/28/15--06:13: _ciiriianan: shakes...
- 01/28/15--07:04: _I’d really li...
- 01/28/15--08:01: _Photo
- 01/28/15--08:58: _yelyahwilliams: pr...
- 01/28/15--11:24: _joegilgun: queuein...
- 01/28/15--15:23: _thorkibravo: I lov...
- 01/29/15--05:36: _theideaofsussex:Peo...
- 01/27/15--19:26: notadrag-notaqueen: This trilogy is a thing of beauty It...
- 01/27/15--19:29: idaredisturbtheuniverse: Napping unicorns~ Or, rather, unicorn...
- 01/27/15--20:07: Everyone should know that songstersmiscellany is pretty rad.
- 01/27/15--20:18: retrogasm: Mister Rogers and King Friday
- 01/27/15--20:27: "Eventually soulmates meet, for they have the same hiding place."
- 01/27/15--21:01: vintagegal: Rita Hayworth in Gilda (1946)
- 01/27/15--21:02: spaceexp: What it would look like if the Orion Nebula was a...
- 01/28/15--04:27: Photo
- 01/28/15--06:01: favourites of 2014 ↳ Richard Ayoade
- the friends you always babytalk and compliment constantly and hug and adore and would never say a rude word to
- the friends you greet like HEY FUCKTRUCK ANSWER YOUR GODDAMNED IMs OR I’M GONNA COME PISS IN YOUR KEYBOARD
- 01/28/15--08:01: Photo
- 01/28/15--08:58: yelyahwilliams: priestmahad: tyrabankruptcy: Lol, she’s Like...
- 01/28/15--11:24: joegilgun: queueingtocomplain: "If we were normal, this is...
- 01/28/15--15:23: thorkibravo: I love their friendship..
I love how we do all this research for these small ass scenes in our fanfic writing and very, very rarely does someone notice.
The address Sherlock just gave to that cabbie? Yeah that’s a real location in London. I don’t live there. I found it via researching derelict factories that used to produce ammunition in world war two.
Their showers/baths and taps are different. I mentioned special shit about it. I looked it up. Found it out.
Oh you know that restaurant that Sherlock took John to? Yes, it’s within walking distance of their flat (aka the Sherlock holmes museum) so it does make sense.
I spent all this fuckin time on these dumb little facts and no one cares.
And omg this is not a whine to say please, please care. I am just amused by this because there are dicks who say that fanfic writing is lazy, simple, masturbatory writing. And I’m like motherfucker do you hear yourself? I just spent three hours looking up a specific gun that Sebastian Moran would use and no one will give a shit but I know! I GIVE A SHIT. The rifle choice is solid and so I feel like I’ve done a good job so iono…this is pointless. I’m done not-ranting now.
Okay but click this link and read the first fic you see.
This trilogy is a thing of beauty
It really, really is.
Or, rather, unicorn and kirin. Taiki, the black kirin from Juuni Kokki, and the Unicorn, from The Last Unicorn. Probably two of the characters who give me the most feels ever.
“Don’t ever put your happiness in someone else’s hands. They’ll drop it. They’ll drop it everytime.”
- One For Sorrow, C.Barzak (via uglypoem)
Everyone should know that songstersmiscellany is pretty rad.
Mister Rogers and King Friday
“Eventually soulmates meet, for they have the same hiding place.”
- (via broptimus-prime)
Rita Hayworth in Gilda(1946)
What it would look like if the Orion Nebula was a distance of 4 light years away.
↳ Richard Ayoade
I feel like everyone has two kinds of friends
"not all men" you’re right. signior benedick of padua would never do this.
r u kidding me signior benedick of padua would do that and defend it with a shitty pun
Count Claudio: Did that.
Don Pedro: Helped Claudio do that.
Leonato: Did that to his daughter.
Don Jon: Made other people do that because he could
Signior Benedick: Won’t do that if Beatrice asks him not to, but has done that in the past.
Boracchio: Gets paid to do that.
Dogberry: Is an ass.
I’d really like a new fandom.
I’d love to get out. I’d love to start over with a new fandom and maybe play it a little differently. Wouldn’t start a blog devoted to it. Wouldn’t write for it. Wouldn’t follow the actors press. Never would I stand outside tv shows for them. Wouldn’t travel overseas to see them. I’d stay calm, collected, wouldn’t get TOO involved so that when one of them says something awful then I wouldn’t be heartbroken. If one of them blew up and was on all the news shows and on all the magazines, I’d not care. I’d just say that’s nice and that’s it. I wouldn’t be left with this sad thought right now that it sucks to think you may never recapture that love and admiration you had for people again. And the thing is you probably won’t. It’s probably gone. That sucks.
But maybe with a new fandom. Maybe things would be better.
Thing is…though Sherlock isn’t the best thing since sliced bread…to me it is.
It’s brilliant. It’s brilliantly written, shot, and acted.
At the base of it, it’s just rather good.
Where the fuck else am I going to find a fandom as diverse as this one founded on a tv show as brilliant as this one?
I’d really like a new fandom. I miss being in love.
Lol, she’s Like “you love me when I play a white girl on camera but forget I’m mixed”
"very tropical" anyways.
This is too much
"If we were normal, this is where we’d kiss."
This bit really struck me. See, I really did think for a moment before this line that they WERE going to kiss. I’m LGBT, I was watching a film which I explicitly wanted to watch for the queer characters, I was fully aware that both of these characters were gay, and yet I still had some part of me expecting this moment to be romantic. It was just such a striking reminder of the heteronormative symbols and images which our society drills into us as kids. Man+woman+bed=ROMANTIC LOVE AND SEXY TIMES.
This film is so important because it fights those ingrained images.
^^ This is so important
I love their friendship..
People so easily read Sherlock going to save Irene at the end of Scandal as a romantic gesture, but when Sherlock restarts his own heart, shoots someone in cold blood, and is essentially sent to his death because of his love for a man, people suddenly have a harder time reading that romantically.