Articles on this Page
- 12/30/14--02:23: _everybodyilovedies:...
- 12/30/14--02:25: _gayonthemoon1239: ...
- 12/30/14--02:27: _patchesdraws: “Cle...
- 12/30/14--02:33: _deebzy:more Holmes ...
- 12/30/14--05:49: _m1211nasu: 《威爾金森，為...
- 12/30/14--06:01: _tremblebot: BK NY.
- 12/30/14--06:07: _Photo
- 12/30/14--06:07: _mjispyt: iufneoriu...
- 12/30/14--06:07: _idkmusicok: They ...
- 12/30/14--06:07: _thelastgleekbender:...
- 12/30/14--08:14: _meladoodle: 75perc...
- 12/30/14--08:17: _loki-nightfire: xm...
- 12/30/14--08:23: _plusmodelmagazine: ...
- 12/30/14--08:30: _plusmodelmagazine: ...
- 12/30/14--11:48: _brook: brook: do ...
- 12/30/14--14:46: _nastyrutobuka: pre...
- 12/30/14--14:51: _Photo
- 12/30/14--15:05: _If you are trans an...
- 12/30/14--15:22: _mcgonagirl: kdaziz...
- 12/30/14--15:38: _itsabigandbeautiful...
- 12/30/14--02:23: everybodyilovedies: So.. Jurassic Park! They are filming in...
- 12/30/14--02:25: gayonthemoon1239: rifa: actualbloggerwangyao: alvaroandtheworl...
- 12/30/14--02:27: patchesdraws: “Clever as I am, I remain just as big a fool as...
- 12/30/14--02:33: deebzy:more Holmes & Watson in states of semi-undress
- 12/30/14--05:49: m1211nasu: 《威爾金森，為什麼連這個都有續集??》 Dunlop Fanbook 2……XD ✿ I...
- 12/30/14--06:01: tremblebot: BK NY.
- 12/30/14--06:07: Photo
- 12/30/14--06:07: mjispyt: iufneoriuniuf i love you
- 12/30/14--06:07: idkmusicok: They Don’t Care About Us | Michael Jackson
- 12/30/14--06:07: thelastgleekbender: Michael Jackson - They Don’t Care About Us...
- 12/30/14--08:17: loki-nightfire: xmas time by Loki-Nightfire time to be with...
- 12/30/14--08:23: plusmodelmagazine: Love Squared Plus Size Marled-Knit Bodycon...
- 12/30/14--08:30: plusmodelmagazine: Plus Size Fashion Find of the Day: Lace Love...
- 12/30/14--14:46: nastyrutobuka: pretty chubby hobbit chest ♥ pretty dwarf hair...
- 12/30/14--14:51: Photo
- 12/30/14--15:22: mcgonagirl: kdaziz: purgatoilet: beenwandering: help I’m...
- 12/30/14--15:38: itsabigandbeautifulworld: Inspirational Women of 2014
So.. Jurassic Park! They are filming in Hawaii right?
Chris Pratt is more confused by his fame than anyone I love it.
THE BEGINNINGS OF KAWAII
No, no, you have no idea. It actually IS the beginning of the whole so-called “kawaii culture”. And it started because girls started using mechanical pencils, which provided fine handwriting. After being banished (more precisely, during the 80s), this kind of writing started being used in products like magazines and make-up. And, during this time, icons we usually associate with the whole kawaii industry (like the characters from Sanrio) came to life too.
And what many people don’t realize is that this subculture was born as a way for young girls to express themselves in their own way. And it was also used as something against the adult life and the traditional culture, often seen as dull and boring and oppressive. By embracing cuteness, these young girls (and adult women, after a while) were showing non-conformation with the current standards.
So yep. Kawaii is important, and it all started with cute, simple handwritting a few hearts and cat faces in some girls’ school notebooks
NO OK THIS IS SO IMPORTANT!
This is also how the kawaii fashions started! Girls began dressing in cute and off beat styles for themsleves, they were criticized by adult figures telling them “you’ll never find a husband if you dress that way!” to which they began to reply “Good!”
All the japanese subcultures and fashions that evolved out of this became a rebellion to tradition and the starch gender roles and expectations the adults were forcing on the younger generations. As early as the 70s and still to this day you’ll see an emphasis on child-like fashion and themes in more kawaii styles and the dismissal of the male gaze with styles like lolita (a lot of western people assume lolita is somehow sexual due to the name of the fashion, but ask any japanese lolita and they will tell you that men hate the style and find it unattractive which is sometimes a large reason they gravitate towards the style - they can express their femininity and individuality while remaining independent and without the pressure to appeal to men)
Its so so so important to understand the hyper cute and ‘odd’ fashions of Japanese girls carry such a huge message of feminism and reclaiming of their own lives.
so are you telling me that Japan’s punk phase was really the kawaii phase
“Clever as I am, I remain just as big a fool as anyone else.” - Albus Dumbledore
more Holmes & Watson in states of semi-undress
i love you
They Don’t Care About Us | Michael Jackson
Over the last few weeks this song has constantly been on my mind (with Ferguson ect.). Specifically THIS one, which was the original video but people felt it too controversial (which is why it’s never shown on tv ) and he had to make another video (thus the random Brazil), which is EXTREMELY telling about the American media if you ask me
i havent showered since last year lol :P
It’s still 2014
time to be with those who you loveDale Evans Rogers
Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.
Love Squared Plus Size Marled-Knit Bodycon Dress $21.99 - Enjoy 15% off with code NEWYOU CLICK HERE: http://fave.co/13GWU9E
Oh, I say. That back and grey one does look interesting.
do not let them lie about the circumstances of leelah’s death on facebook to save face among their friends
message all of their facebook friends if you have to to make sure that everyone knows what happened to leelah alcorn. i am sick and tired of this shit happening and I am not going to let carla and doug alcorn get away with what they put leelah through.
Carla Alcorn has deleted this post from her Facebook (or changed her privacy settings; either way it isn’t available):
Do not let this go unnoticed. Do not forget how she tried to hide the fact that she and her husband abused their daughter for being transgender. Plaster this screenshot everywhere.
pretty chubby hobbit chest ♥ pretty dwarf hair grabbing
I drew this a few days ago, an indulgence during my work recess
If you are trans and you trust me then email me, text me, pm me. I will fuckin do everything in my power and more to help you. I will visit you. I will let you visit me. I will hug you tight. I will tell you how amazing you are. You got Christian parents? I will come to town on a mission trip , convince your parents that you’re off to Africa to save souls and then I will get you to a safe place. I have volunteered on hotlines. I have helped bind. I have helped teach makeup. I have helped stuff. I will fuckin help if you need it because I love you. Even if you think no one else does then know that I love you.
help I’m having emotions about a cartoon antidepressant trying to be useful
DID YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY GIF AN ABILIFY COMMERCIAL
yes but look at it, it cares about her and just wants to help her be able to function. It’s like “I know you’re sad. here, I’ll help you.”
LIKE OKAY THOUGH can I explain why this is exceedingly brilliant?? Because when anti-depressants work right, that’s what they DO. They don’t make you happy or emotionless or unhealthy in any way, they make you FUNCTIONAL. They make it so that a depressed person who can barely get out of bed can start to support themselves again and more importantly, start to THINK for themselves again without the permeating presence of depression.
Depression is a cyclical disease, that tells you to think a certain way, and, because you’re depressed, you generally believe it, and then things get worse and worse. The ONLY thing anti-depressants do is to STOP that cycle in its tracks!! Which is something to be ecstatic about and celebrated, even if you don’t realize it at the time, because when you’re depressed, getting out of bed is climbing Mount Everest. Antidepressants help stop that cycle so that one day soon, getting out of bed can JUST be getting out of bed. They don’t even expedite the recovery process in most cases, they just make recovery POSSIBLE IN THE FIRST PLACE. So this little guy is portrayed with a fuckton more accuracy than I ever expected from a commercial.
Inspirational Women of 2014