- RSS Channel Showcase 3107336
- RSS Channel Showcase 8039312
- RSS Channel Showcase 3575163
- RSS Channel Showcase 9798585
Articles on this Page
- 03/24/15--15:14: _kaishabackwards:As ...
- 03/24/15--15:15: _colinfirthdaily: C...
- 03/24/15--16:19: _tommycallagan:adora...
- 03/24/15--19:47: _Photo
- 03/24/15--19:59: _Some Advice
- 03/25/15--06:01: _Photo
- 03/25/15--08:01: _almaraye:My fav bir...
- 03/25/15--09:09: _randomactsofdoucheb...
- 03/25/15--09:21: _whisperyvoices:neve...
- 03/25/15--10:01: _knitmeapony:ashleet...
- 03/25/15--10:40: _Photo
- 03/25/15--12:01: _Photo
- 03/25/15--12:07: _tysolna: Mark Gati...
- 03/25/15--14:01: _theladybadass:Seven...
- 03/25/15--15:24: _Photo
- 03/25/15--15:37: _ahab99:ziusik: wil...
- 03/25/15--15:38: _mymarsrevolution: I...
- 03/25/15--15:41: _starrose17:blktauna...
- 03/25/15--15:42: _cloama: salon:Peop...
- 03/25/15--16:12: _annejamison:Where D...
- 03/24/15--15:14: kaishabackwards:As God intended OMG Gpoy.
- 03/24/15--15:15: colinfirthdaily: Colin Firth - backstage the church scene
- 03/24/15--16:19: tommycallagan:adorable—nerd:mosylufanfic:beautifulchaos-anumcara:...
- 03/24/15--19:47: Photo
- 03/24/15--19:59: Some Advice
- 03/25/15--06:01: Photo
- 03/25/15--08:01: almaraye:My fav bird and fav pic of. What an amazing critter! “~
- 03/25/15--09:09: randomactsofdouchebaggery: neverrwhere: machawicket:youguysimse...
- 03/25/15--09:21: whisperyvoices:neverrwhere:machawicket:youguysimserious:delgrosso...
- 03/25/15--10:01: knitmeapony:ashleeta:Agent Carter Reporting!! Disneybounding as...
- 03/25/15--10:40: Photo
- 03/25/15--12:01: Photo
- 03/25/15--14:01: theladybadass:Seven women pose together holding hands. Circa...
- 03/25/15--15:24: Photo
- 03/25/15--15:37: ahab99:ziusik: wildestranger: hladgerd: joannaestep: therealf...
- 03/25/15--15:38: mymarsrevolution: I just have to gif this xDD [x]
- 03/25/15--15:41: starrose17:blktauna: sonhoedesrazao:the sound i made was...
- 03/25/15--15:42: cloama: salon:People are rightfully angry at writer Nellie...
As God intended
Colin Firth - backstage the church scene
Ballad of Serenity by Flash’s cast
SCREAMING WITH JOY!!!!!!!!
Those harmonies tho
AND IT’S A CAPELLA
My fav bird and fav pic of. What an amazing critter! “~
I’m totally in touch with my Inner Mulder today.
I AM FREAKING OUT.
#RELEASE THE KRAKEN / LEVIATHAN RISES / X-FILES FANDOM RE-EMERGES FROM THEIR MALCONTENTED SLUMBER
I’m totally in touch with my Inner Mulder today.
I AM FREAKING OUT.
We shipped and we created vids and sound clips and ficced and spent hours on fan sites and chat groups and shared pictures and uploaded entire scripts and deconstructed every.little.thing ALL THROUGH DIAL UP. WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE.
I love it. I was just thinking about dialing up on my 14.4 (that’s right when I went 28 oh boy) modem and looking at message boards for people who had the same theories. My God I love our fandom! Hardcore x-philes stand up.
Agent Carter Reporting!! Disneybounding as @AgentCarterTv today at @dapperday!! Handing out top secret goodies to some lucky ladies for @whatkatiedid! #wkd #whatkatiedid #ashleeta #agentcarter #peggycarter #pinup #dapperday
Oh my goodness hello hello hello ma’am you are so gorgeous
Mark Gatiss on the BBC One Show. Just caught a snippet of him saying, “I guess it was his time to go”, and I don’t know if he’s talking about Jeremy Clarkson or Zayn Malik.
I’d really like it if it was the latter.
Just wanted to put all the most beginning-of-a-gay-porn like gifs together in one set and disappoint the gay and porn tags by revealing this is neither gay nor porn but two of the straight leading actors in History Channel’s Vikings.
you know what they say… you are straight until you are not… plus labels are just silly abridgement of so called reality…
After watching the whole video, I’m 100% convinced that Travis Fimmel is Ragnar Lothbrok and that he actually owns George Blagden.
SECRET BLOWJOBS ARE BECOMING MORE AND MORE LIKELY
Yeah okay the on-set romance that Fimmel is teasing Blagdog about at the very end of the video? I’m pretty sure we all know the real on-set romance… hint: it involves possessive arms around shoulders and hands on thighs. Also face kissing.
Also there is apparently a dude next to George calmly drinking his beer while all this goes on.
I’m not IN this fandom and I can’t stop watching. GEORGE IS BLUSHING. TRAVIS IS JUST MANHANDLING HIM. OH GOD WHY.
I can’t keep scrolling through this in my likes, so I am going to reblog and be done with it. (Is there fic yet??)
the sound i made was inhuman
lol didn’t I write something about this… >.
The story we will never hear about.
Like… she just came out and said it..
what an asshole.
Where Do We Go From Here?
Fans, Fanfiction and the Media, Publishing, and Entertainment Industries
March 25, 2015 • 7:00-8:30 pm
Since the publication of the fanfiction-based blockbuster Fifty Shades of Grey, the world has turned its attention to fanfiction as never before. In 2010, most of the publishing world had never heard of its existence. In 2013, a Hollywood Reporter review could begin with the lines “you may have, somewhere, encountered the word ‘fanfic’.” Today, stars routinely read from fan-penned sex scenes for the laughs of late night talk show hosts. Bands, movie franchises, and even Cosmopolitan host fanfiction contests, and television shows such as Sherlock and Supernatural have represented fans and their stories in controversial episodes. It’s only beginning. The next generation of cultural producers—current Princeton students among them—grew up not only reading Harry Potter but also sharing stories and artwork inspired by it online. Not everyone—on either side—sees these all as positive developments. How can competing interests—journalists looking for clicks on their stories, publishers looking for a sure thing, websites looking for traffic-driving content, films and television franchises looking for buzz—interact with a global, not-for-profit, predominantly female community whose members are often anonymous, marginalized, young, and (if older) fearful of discovery? And yet these are active, critical readers and viewers, they are far more diverse than media representations of them suggest, and they are increasingly not just demanding a voice, but finding one and using it, loudly. How will fans be satisfied when their desires run contrary to a paid creator’s vision or industry data about the bottom line? How will the crowdsourcing of content and the willingness of amateur writers to share their work for free impact the compensation structure of professional writers trying to make a living? And how, in a world of copyright, is any of this legal?
This panel brings together fans, journalists, and other industry observers to discuss the changing relationships among fans and their fanworks, the industries that sell them the stories they love, and the journalists trying to cover it all while adjusting to their own transforming industry. Join us as we look at where we have come and try to answer the question: where do we go from here?
Emily Nussbaum, television critic for The New Yorker
Jamie Broadnax of the podcast and website Black Girl Nerds
Elizabeth Minkel of The Millions and The New Statesman
Heidi Tandy, intellectual property attorney and longtime fan
Moderator: Anne Jamison *01, Visiting Professor, Princeton graduate alumna, and author of Fic: Why Fanfiction is Taking Over The World (2013).
FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, SEATING LIMITED. CONTACT ANNE JAMISON IF YOU ARE NOT IN THIS CLASS AND WOULD LIKE TO COME.
You can watch this live here http://mediacentrallive.princeton.edu/