- RSS Channel Showcase 6908958
- RSS Channel Showcase 2759976
- RSS Channel Showcase 6869283
- RSS Channel Showcase 3448478
Articles on this Page
- 04/01/15--18:13: _Photo
- 04/01/15--18:19: _Meet the Reader: 12...
- 04/01/15--19:24: _Dear Neil, I just w...
- 04/01/15--21:32: _[x] Ok I love this.
- 04/01/15--22:20: _Photo
- 04/02/15--04:44: _shwetanarayan:hssan...
- 04/02/15--04:53: _fallontonight: Aft...
- 04/02/15--05:40: _Dear RDR friends,I ...
- 04/02/15--06:01: _"A film with a mom ...
- 04/02/15--06:37: _drwatsonbagginsfree...
- 04/02/15--06:38: _almond-kitty:chrish...
- 04/02/15--07:41: _roaring-softly:Pino...
- 04/02/15--07:43: _sarcosuchas: birth...
- 04/02/15--10:01: _Photo
- 04/02/15--12:02: _You know, you act l...
- 04/02/15--14:01: _meladoodle: "Bin M...
- 04/02/15--16:13: _Yeah Xfiles movie c...
- 04/02/15--16:20: _fallontonight: The...
- 04/02/15--16:25: _Do you reside in Ar...
- 04/02/15--18:48: _somesaysheise:forev...
- 04/01/15--18:13: Photo
- 04/01/15--18:19: Meet the Reader: 12 Signs of a Promising Spec Script
- 04/01/15--19:24: Dear Neil, I just wanted you to know that I am very grateful for all the kind things you said about Diana Wynne Jones. I've been her fan since I was a little girl who spent all of her free time reading. Now I'm almost an adult, studying literature, and I still love and admire her. I cried a lot when she died. I regret so much that I never wrote her how much I loved her. It often makes me sad that she doesn't get the recognition she deserves. Thank you and thank you for your beautiful books, too.
- 04/01/15--21:32: [x] Ok I love this.
- 04/01/15--22:20: Photo
- 04/02/15--04:53: fallontonight: After last night’s performance, Milky Chance’s...
- 04/02/15--05:40: Dear RDR friends,I am so sorry. I’m gonna watch lip sync battle.
- 04/02/15--06:01: "A film with a mom as the hero would be a joke..."
- 04/02/15--06:37: drwatsonbagginsfreeman-nygaard:Love Peter Jackson answer to...
- 04/02/15--07:41: roaring-softly:Pinot Noir (lyrics by Titus Andromedon, art by...
- 04/02/15--07:43: sarcosuchas: birthdaycakesforanimals: ‘This month, the...
- 04/02/15--10:01: Photo
- 04/02/15--12:02: You know, you act like such a lonely man. But look at you....
- 04/02/15--14:01: meladoodle: "Bin Men take a break"via
- 04/02/15--16:13: Yeah Xfiles movie coming sooooon.
- 04/02/15--16:20: fallontonight: The Smashing Pumpkins will be performing on the...
- 04/02/15--18:48: somesaysheise:foreverpruned: hersheywrites: This is the only...
Professional script readers will often claim that they can tell if a screenplay is going to be good or not after reading just a few pages. This is true – for me, anyway.
Granted, I can’t assess every single nuance of a script’s story in just five or ten or pages, but by assessing twelve specific elements, I can tell if the story, characters, and dialogue have potential and if the writer has the ability to pull off whatever it is she/he is attempting. Here are those twelve elements – those twelve signs of a promising spec….
You are so welcome.
It’s worth remembering that your favourite writers are often a) still alive and b) would love to hear from you. Which isn’t for them, a lot of the time. It’s for you. If they aren’t around on the web, remember that publishers pretty much always pass on mail for authors (although they take their own sweet time about it) and the publishers’ addresses are usually on the copyright page of the book (and you can verify them with the web to see if they publisher has moved).
This is especially true where your favourite writer isn’t J. K. Rowling or Stephen King or someone who probably has a hard time dealing with their in-box.
(I wonder if Margaret Storey is still alive? If she is, I should write to her and tell her how much I loved her books when I was a boy.)
Ok I love this.
Did you know that after they switched to blind auditions, major symphony orchestras hired women between 30% to 55% more? Before bringing in “blind auditions” with a screen to conceal the the candidate, women in the top 5 major orchestras made up less than 5% of the musicians performing.
so I believe it was actually more complicated than that, in interesting ways. Because at first, when they did blind auditions, they were STILL hiring more men.
…Then they put down a carpet, so that high heels didn’t clack on the floor, and BOOM women were suddenly getting hired.
The testers didn’t even know that’s what they were picking up on, which just goes to show how tiny of a cue it takes for misogyny to kick in.
Dear RDR friends,
I am so sorry. I’m gonna watch lip sync battle.
Love Peter Jackson answer to Richard Armitage question.This made me lol
Omg yall, it’s April, which means that one month from today
PLEASE DO NOT START THIS SHIT AGAIN!!!
Pinot Noir (lyrics by Titus Andromedon, art by Tyler Feder)
I’m challenging myself to make one new printworthy illo every weekday of April because April is my birth month and I want to start age 26 like a productive badass. Can I do it? Only time will tell…
‘This month, the 17-foot-long Cassius celebrated his 110th birthday with a celebration capped by a giant cake of chicken necks, the Herald Sun reported. ”He destroyed it in about 30 seconds,” Billy Craig, Marineland Melanesia crocodile wrangler, noted to AAP.’
Cassius was caught back in 1984 when he was creating a nuisance by chomping on some motorboats.’
I love this story. Just love it.
You know, you act like such a lonely man. But look at you. You’ve got the biggest family on Earth.
Yeah Xfiles movie coming sooooon.
The Smashing Pumpkins will be performing on the show tonight!
When did the Tonight Show start looking at my Spotify and booking music guests ?
I live in Tucson, Arizona. Hometown. Went to Catalina High. I drink at Che’s. Say hello if you’re around.