Articles on this Page
- 04/30/14--08:47: _Photo
- 04/30/14--10:46: _I was telling the b...
- 04/30/14--11:39: _girlonfic replied t...
- 04/30/14--13:05: _I'm trying to phras...
- 04/30/14--13:52: _This is my most fav...
- 04/30/14--14:07: _iambluedog: Life i...
- 04/30/14--14:07: _theacademy: Yester...
- 04/30/14--16:33: _sizvideos: Meet Po...
- 05/01/14--01:21: _continuants: team-...
- 05/01/14--01:28: _ohhelloholly: buzz...
- 05/01/14--08:38: _cielrouge: WoC in ...
- 05/01/14--08:39: _spicyshimmy: don’t...
- 05/01/14--11:43: _Bookcon, how dare y...
- 05/01/14--12:35: _marvelentertainment...
- 05/01/14--14:11: _In Session by Talks...
- 05/01/14--14:50: _exfatalist: thesas...
- 05/01/14--15:12: _i-will-not-be-caged...
- 05/01/14--15:17: _gokuma: msmorstans...
- 05/01/14--18:46: _notluvulongtime: J...
- 05/01/14--20:05: _angelchrys: I’m wa...
- 04/30/14--08:47: Photo
- 04/30/14--13:05: I'm trying to phrase this as nicely as possible, but... even though it feels good at the time, perhaps making posts aimed at the more, erm, "imaginative" fans, and then responding in kind when they react angrily to being mocked, isn't the best way to act when you're trying to market yourself as being the safe, sane, and professional one in fandom for the higher-ups to speak to.
- 04/30/14--13:52: This is my most favorite spelling correction ever.
- 04/30/14--14:07: iambluedog: Life is too short to be holding on to old grudges
- 04/30/14--14:07: theacademy: Yesterday on a Reddit “Ask Me Anything”, Harrison...
- 04/30/14--16:33: sizvideos: Meet Porter. The World’s First Driving Dog. - Video
- 05/01/14--01:21: continuants: team-joebama: solittlethaime: Mr. PRESIDENT in...
- 05/01/14--01:28: ohhelloholly: buzzfeed: 14 New York City Bookstores You Should...
- 05/01/14--08:38: cielrouge: WoC in Ballet Companies Today - all these rad ladies...
- Lauren Anderson (Houston Ballet)
- Jeraldine Mendoza (Joffrey Ballet)
- Yumelia Garcia - (Joffrey Ballet)
- Erica Lynette Edwards (Joffrey Ballet)
- Yuan Yuan Tan (San Francisco Ballet)
- Xiomara Reyes (American Ballet Theater)
- Hee Seo (American Ballet Theater)
- Paloma Herrera (American Ballet Theater)
- Frances Chung -(San Francisco Ballet)
- Roberta Marquez (The Royal Ballet)
- 05/01/14--11:43: Bookcon, how dare you not place James Patterson next to Grumpy...
- 05/01/14--12:35: marvelentertainment: A selection of Marvel Costumes and Cosplay...
- 05/01/14--14:11: In Session by Talkstoself (translated to Korean)
- 05/01/14--14:50: exfatalist: thesassiestcolor: dontgigglesherlock: Favourite...
- 05/01/14--15:17: gokuma: msmorstans: fucoid: Spend 7 minutes of your life...
- 05/01/14--18:46: notluvulongtime: Johanna Mason is the person on tumblr that’s...
- 05/01/14--20:05: angelchrys: I’m waiting for the Supernatural pic
I was telling the boy about a situation that occurred on the internet with a confusion of words and intent and he said
"Well, no one is themselves on the internet. Well you are but that’s just because you’re pretty much unapologetically you but not many are because…."
And he went on to say why no one shows their true personality on the internet.
And it was just such a throwaway comment from him. He didn’t think he was giving me a compliment. And maybe many won’t feel that it’s a compliment but it made me smile. Because I really do try to not give any falsehoods about who I am as a person.
girlonfic replied to your post“I was telling the boy about a situation that occurred on the internet…”
I’m pretty much what you see here. Warts, complete and utter inability to say what I mean effectively, and all. And, to me, that’s a compliment. FWIW. :)
Ahh thanks. I really felt it was a nice compliment. I don’t have any reason to hide who I am.
I somehow suspect you’d have been “nicer” if you weren’t on anon.
I’m human. I’m invested. Sometimes I get ticked, frustrated, etc. Sometimes when I’m pissed off I say so. Sometimes I am foul. Sometimes, just sometimes, I’m decidedly not above the fray. Annoyance, anger, indignation— they’re all perfectly normal emotions. They aren’t the antithesis of “safe” or “sane” or “professional.”
I don’t see the fandom as a mass of dangerous, insane, amateurs. I’m a fangirl. I’ve never, ever claimed to be anything but. As to marketing myself?! I’m on twitter, Wordpress, Pinterest and tumblr. They’re all public, all linked, and they’re about all anyone needs to know about me. I’ve never claimed to be something I’m not— certainly never, ever have I claimed to be a professional.
"Higher-ups"? Again with the hierarchy. That’s simply not how I see the world. There are people I admire, people whose work makes me squee, but I don’t view them as above me, better than me, or people I need to change myself to impress.
So thanks for your concern (which seems an awful lot like policing rather than friendly advice) but I think we look at me, and the world, differently.
This is my most favorite spelling correction ever.
Life is too short to be holding on to old grudges
Yesterday on a Reddit “Ask Me Anything”, Harrison Ford answered the most controversial Star Wars question as if he had never stopped playing the role of Han Solo.
Lauren Anderson - Houston Ballet
Jeraldine Mendoza - Joffrey Ballet
Yumelia Garcia - Joffrey Ballet
Erica Lynette Edwards - Joffrey Ballet
Yuan Yuan Tan - San Francisco Ballet
Xiomara Reyes - ABT
Hee Seo - ABT
Paloma Herrera - ABT
Frances Chung - San Francisco Ballet
Roberta Marquez - Royal Ballet
WoC in Ballet Companies Today - all these rad ladies with the exception of Lauren Anderson (who retired professionally from Houston Ballet in 2006) are principal ballet dancers with the Houston, San Francisco, Royal Ballet, and American Ballet Theater companies today. Listed by pictured, they are:
don’t romanticize the past. romanticize the future. the future has starfleet
Bookcon, how dare you not place James Patterson next to Grumpy Cat? This was a missed opportunity and you know it.
A selection of Marvel Costumes and Cosplay found at C2E2 this past weekend in Chicago!
Want even more c2e2 photos? Swing over to the Marvel.com C2E2 2014 Gallery here!
Oh Sweeeeet! The story talkstoself wrote for me was translated into Korean. That is soooooo brilliant!
Favourite moment from Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Can we take a moment to realize that out of ALL THINGS TO POSSIBLY WATCH Steve watches Saw?
No. Guys, no. This is not a reference to Saw.
It’s a reference to the 1983 movie WarGames.
The entire joke is that in WarGames, the main character accidentally connects with a government supercomputer that controls all the U.S. military arsenal. The computer asks him “Shall we play a game?” and what the guy thinks is a game is the computer trying to start WWIII between the United States and Russia.
In this scene, Steve and Natasha are accessing a hidden supercomputer with a mysterious flashdrive seemingly controlled by an AI. Natasha references WarGames and the potential of accidentally starting a war by accessing the computer.
That’s it, guys. That’s the joke. It’s a really funny joke. Whereas a Saw reference would literally make zero sense in this scene.
Wait, people thought that was a Saw reference?
I was shocked too. Very shocked.
Spend 7 minutes of your life watching this show on gendered marketing
This is brilliant. I specifically buy razors and shaving cream marketed to men because it’s at least 30% cheaper in the US, and yet the quality is way better.
This is really interesting
Johanna Mason is the person on tumblr that’s not afraid of losing followers for speaking her mind.
I’m waiting for the Supernatural pic